Amy Woodall, Sandler trainer from Indianapolis and host of our online course for Dealing with Difficult People and Situations, shares her thoughts about how to handle challenging situations in business.
As a business professional, you undoubtedly have experienced several difficult situations similar to the following:
- “Where is my shipment?! I need it now!”
- “What’s wrong with you people? You never get it right!”
- “This is the last straw. I’m through doing business here.”
- “Can’t you break the rules for me this one time? I’m a good customer here!”
No matter what your position is in the organization, you will have to deal with angry, upset or difficult people at some point. It’s part of the job, but many people find it to be a stressful part of their day, which can lead to burnout unless there is an established, step-by-step process in place. Managers have difficult conversations with employees, salespeople have difficult negotiations, and other frontline positions deal with difficult customers and demands regularly.
This new online self-study course from Sandler will look at difficult people and situations. What makes them difficult? Why do we often feel uncomfortable with these situations? How do we avoid getting into these situations? How can we use proven Sandler techniques to institute a step-by-step process to resolve conflict without escalating it? And, how can we fix both the problem and the upset customer while still maintaining our own confidence and self-esteem?
This course includes dozens of resources and four main lessons:
- Understanding Yourself and Keeping Your Composure
- Understanding Others and What Makes Them Difficult
- Preventing Difficult Situations
- Dealing with Difficult People & Situations
These communication and success principles come from our Strategic Customer Care training program delivered by Sandler trainers in over 275 locations around the world.
Enroll yourself in the online course here, Dealing with Difficult People and Situations